Use of products
How do I turn my insoles on and off?
- The insole, when not in use, enters a very low power consumption standby mode and exits it when it is required for its intended use. So you don't have to worry about switching your insoles on or off. All you need to do is make sure they are charged before use.
How long does it take to recharge the battery?
- It takes less than 2 hours for a full charge.
What is the purpose of calibration in the software?
- The calibration performs a zeroing of the sensor values.
How often is the plantar pressure data acquired?
- It is on average 100 Hz.
Is the FeetMe Evaluation device compatible with all types of shoes?
- Yes, except for sandals that do not properly keep the insoles in contact with the feet.
Are FeetMe Insoles usable in case of heavy rain?
- The insoles can be used in a dry environment, so it is recommended to wear waterproof shoes.
What is the impact of the field on the gait analysis?
- As long as it is flat and smooth, its impact is reduced; but if the surface (sand for exemple) is changed or the slope is significant, its impact is significant. It is recommended to acquire the data on flat and rigid ground.
When can I start using FeetMe Evaluation?
At the end of an insole charging cycle, only a few minutes are required:
- the time for the patient to change her/his insoles to the ones provided,
- launch the mobile application to calibrate the insoles and start the measurements.
Does temperature have an impact on the activity of the FeetMe Evaluation device?
- The operating temperature range is +5°C to +40°C and -25°C to +70°C for storage and transport. In order to maximize the proper conservation of the battery, frequent use is recommended.
Does the pressure dues to patient weight can damage the insoles?
- FeetMe Insoles are designed to withstand loads up to 120 kg.
What is the lifetime of the FeetMe Evaluation device?
The lifetime (including the medical charger) is the shortest duration between 2 years or 1 million steps per insole.
Note that the subscription formula is a simple model that makes it easy to use the latest version of the device.
Is it possible to recharge the insoles with other types of contactless chargers?
- Always use the supplied charger to charge the insoles.
To put FeetMe insoles, do I have to remove mine?
I have charged the connected insoles, but I don't know if they are charged.
- When the soles are fully charged, the LEDs of the charger are green and if not, they are white.
Can the insoles work with any type of phone and computer?
- The insoles are designed to be used with an Android smartphone equipped with the corresponding application; however, they should be used with the phone provided with the purchase. Any type of computer running Windows, MacOS or Linux connected to the Internet can connect to the FeetMe Evaluation online platform.
What does the FeetMe Evaluation pack contain?
- A suitcase for transport and storage,
- 9 pairs of insoles (1 pair per size from 37 to 45),
- 9 chargers,
- an Android phone,
- an access to the FeetMe Evaluation online platform for data analysis and visualization,
- a user guide,
- and an anti-bacterial, virucidal and anti-fungal spray for the maintenance of connected insoles.
What is the maximum recommended distance between the insoles and the mobile phone?
- Five meters.
Are there any risks of electric shock when using FeetMe Evaluation?
- The insoles are secured as attested by the CE marking of the device.
What sizes of insoles are available?
- Sizes 37 to 45 are included in the FeetMe Evaluation pack.
Do the insoles provide discomfort or imbalance when walking compared to conventional insoles?
- Unlike other medical devices such as walkways, they have been designed to acquire mobility data naturally in real life. Compared to conventional insoles, a slight difference can be perceived, but FeetMe insoles are quickly forgotten.
What is the material of the insole covering? Can a patient allergic to certain materials use them?
- FeetMe insoles are hypo-allergic, please consult a healthcare professional for advice on how to use FeetMe insoles under the best conditions.
Do biological fluids such as blood or urine have an impact on the use of insoles? How to clean and disinfect them?
- The maintenance products provided (bactericides, virucides and fungicides) are used to clean and disinfect the soles.
My insoles are not detected after a scan in the mobile application. What should I do?
- Check if your Bluetooth device is correctly installed and activated
- Make sure your insoles are charged. If you have any doubts, recharge them and restart the scan.
- Go to the Bluetooth menu to add your insoles to the list of devices
- Make sure your insoles are no more than 5 m away from the smartphone
- If after all these actions, they remain invisible, restart the smartphone
I can't recharge my insoles. What should I do?
- Connect the power cable to a 230V power source.
- Connect the magnetic parts to each insole (the LED is steady white when loaded or blinks if it is incorrectly positioned)
The battery of my insoles is discharged very quickly. What should I do?
- For an insole whose battery is fully charged, it takes 9 hours in normal use (data transmission) and 22 hours when the insole is in extended standby to see it drain of its energy.
I can't get to connect to the FeetMe Evaluation online platform. What should I do?
- Check if you are connected to the Internet.
When scanning the insoles, rather than seeing the names on the screen, there is a succession of numbers and letters.
- At the end of the scan, restart it again and after a while you will see the name of your insoles appear.
I can't play my recordings on the FeetMe Evaluation application.
- Unlike the online platform, the FeetMe Evaluation application does not allow you to play a recording or perform an analysis. Depending to the Internet connection, the recording is automatically transferred to the online platform. The application allows data to be collected for transfer. You can also check the number of available records.
The update of the insoles failed.
- When updating, it should not be cancelled once it has been started.
- Do not turn off your phone when updating.
- You should not try connect to the insoles immediately after the update. It is recommended to wait 30 seconds and then reset the insole(s) by pressing the reset button on the back.
The scan did not start on the FeetMe Evaluation application.
- Turn off and restart your Bluetooth.
After sales service
I can't identify the name and size of my insole. What should I do?
- Look under the base, the references are above the barcode in the format "base number" (4 digits) followed by L (left) or R (right).
I connected to the insoles, but the pressure map doesn't show anything. What should I do?
- Update the insoles.
I can't synchronize between the online platform and the mobile application. What should I do?
- Make sure that your computer and phone are connected to the same wifi network.
- Check if your computer's firewall and anti-virus software allow connection to the FeetMe Evaluation device.
I lost the connection during a recording. What should I do?
- Make a new recording.
I made a recording on the FeetMe Evaluation application, but I can't find it. What should I do?
- It is possible that the Android system will delete some processes. This usually happens when the RAM is heavily used. All applications should be closed before starting a recording.
I use the FeetMe Evaluation application and I can't connect to my insoles. What should I do?
- Dissociate the insoles in the Bluetooth menu of the phone;
- Turn off the Bluetooth and then turn it back on again after a few seconds.
I have pressures on the pressure map and yet I have not applied any. What should I do?
- Reset the insoles, taking care not to apply pressure to the sole when resetting.
I can no longer connect my insoles to the FeetMe Evaluation application.
- Go to the Bluetooth menu of your phone and dissociate the insole. Then restart the Bluetooh and finally restart the scan.
- Disconnect the sole from the Bluetooth menu, clear the cache and restart the phone. Restart the scan.
- If you have updated the insoles, please wait 30 seconds, then reset the insoles by pressing the "reset" button on the back.
Is the FeetMe Evaluation device covered by a warranty?
- The warranty applies throughout its use as part of the subscription package; this model includes evolutive maintenance covering both software and hardware. Our after sales service will do everything possible to satisfy you.